What Isn’t Covered Under Workers Compensation?
Workers’ Compensation insurance is necessary for Utah as it helps protect both employers and employees. It offers benefits to employees, and it can cover any work-related injuries. This includes medical costs, lost wages, ongoing care, etc. However, to benefit from this, you have to know what is covered and what is not covered before you approach a West Jordan UT Work Injury Attorney for representation.
What is Not Covered?
- Intoxication- getting injured while intoxicated at work is not covered
- Horseplay, pranks, or rowdy games at work
- Intentional acts
- Illegal activities
- Driving to/ from work
- Terminated employees are no longer covered under an organization’s workers’ policy. However, if you were injured while you were still an employee, get a worker compensation attorney Utah to help file a claim.
What is Covered?
- Employee misconduct- in some instances, breaking company rules may not disqualify you from the policy, especially if you were using unsafe equipment.
- Disease and illness
- Loss of hearing
- Slips and falls in the parking lot
- Company events
- Preexisting injuries
What Happens When a Claim Is Denied?
It is not uncommon for a workers’ compensation claim to be denied. However, that does not mean you cannot fight for what is rightfully yours. You can appeal the decision with the Utah Labor Commission, after which they will give the insurance company and your boss about 30 days to respond. During this period, consult with a good Alta Legal team for assistance.
How Does An Attorney Help?
As mentioned earlier, there are things covered under workers’ comp while some are not. Therefore, the attorney will help analyze your case and inform you whether it is solid. After they have established that, they will help prepare you for the hearing and collect evidence. Getting an attorney is vital. Be sure that the other team will get one as well to fight you. Therefore, get a workers compensation attorney in West Jordan UT, to represent you.
A good attorney will help you get the compensation you deserve to cover the injuries and suffering you have experienced.