When do I need to Report a Work Injury?

injury report formBeing injured in any type of accident can be a challenging situation. This can be made even more difficult if you are injured while at work. Those that do suffer from a workplace injury could qualify for support through their employer’s workers compensation insurance plan. If you are injured while at work, it is important that you report your work injury on time.

What to Do After an Injury?

If you have been injured in an accident at work, you should make sure that you see a doctor as soon as you can for any injuries. Even if the accident seems minor, your doctor can provide a full evaluation to ensure there are no underlying injuries that are not apparent. You should also report your injury to your employer as soon as possible. While you have up to 180 days in Utah to do so, the sooner you report the injury the sooner you can start receiving your insurance benefits.

What Can Help Your Claim?

Worker’s compensation should be provided to anyone that incurs damages that occur while they are working. Unfortunately, not all claims are approved. To increase your chances of receiving an approved claim, you should report your injury as soon as possible, provide all necessary documentation for review, and be cooperative with the insurance provider.

How Can an Attorney Help

If you are injured at work and are in the area, a Taylorsville workers compensation attorney can provide a lot of valuable services. Your Taylorsville injury lawyer will be able to provide you with a full consultation regarding whether you have a valid claim. They can then help you gather all the necessary data and submit your claim. If the claim is denied, they can provide appeal services as well. When you are looking for a Taylorsville worker’s compensation attorney, the team at Alta Legal is a great group to work with as they can offer a range of services for you.

Contact Us Today